Your notes are welcome:
Most recent edit:
Saturday February 02, 2013
Torrey Pines Hang Gliding Flight Site
Timely Request for Proposal (RFP)=>
Watch for Torrey Pines Lease
- Confer with
for friendly discussion about the site.
- Enter airspace from remote launching.
- Enter airspace from ocean platforms.
- Enter airspace off concession-controlled grass area.
- "Second Sundays" of each month.
- Checking-self-and-wing mound.
Safe-Splat playground for the public on some of their time off
working for the nation, state, and city.
- Interface with other users of the flight park (sailplanes, gliders,
RC gliders, airframed hang gliders, canopy free-flight kiting
paragliders, primary gliders, people of the public interested in flying
- Interface with the City of San Diego.
- Interface with US Hawks.
- As the site is part of an official airport, then ground-based kiting
rules apply for the safety of free-flight kiting systems;
something is off here, as the ground kiting
of kite hang gliders (canopy and airframed) is already
occurring at (thus certainly within 5 miles of the airport!).
Let us know you and your interests.
News, notes, documents, files:
~~Kite Energy Community~~