Your notes are welcome:
Most recent edit:
Sunday March 23, 2014
Drive Shaft in Kite Energy
What, when, why? How do such methods compare with other methods?
- How do driveshafts play in some kiting applications? The
driveshafts transmit torque.
- Torqued tethers sometimes occur when not wanted. These scenes may be
- Universal joints, swivels,
- Cased driveshafts
- Uncased driveshafts
- Shafts of rotors come in many diameters and lengths.
- What drives the rotation of the drive shaft?
- What is driven by the rotation of the drive shaft?
- Uncased rope or cable as driveshaft
- Hollow tube as driveshaft
- Large-diameter tensegrity ... what is the torque story in
Tensegrity with an eye for kite-energy systems
- Selsam patents
- Roddy Read video channel. Explore.
http://www.youtube.com/user/roddyread Windswept &
- Rubber band
- Model gliders using rubber band drive shafts.
Elastic drive shafts.
- Braided driveshafts
- Splinted inflatable tube drive shafts. Tensairity beams as
- Torsion sausage balloons
- Gathering torsion from multiple sources
HeliWind Large-diameter inflated
Hawaii Consulting Group.
- torsion AWE
- torsion cable There
is a working file concerning the niche uses and potentials of mining the
energies of a rotating tether, the twisting and untwisting of a
We invite more discussion on topic.
- torsion shaft
- torsion-spring motor
- torsion tube
a drive-shaft/torsion-tube is a high-compression structure that presses
hard on its core under load. Most of the weight is solely to fight this
compression, either by a solid core, or by a rigid tube section.
Buckling failure is more likely given the vagaries of service, but a
torsion-tube can actually implode under load.
- torsion-tube hydro turbine
- Rope making? Put twist into strands.
- Unwinding a twisted line?
- Drive electric generators shafts?
- Demonstrations for advertising or education
- Entertainment. Motions in the sky!
Let us know you and your interests.
News, notes, documents, files:
~~ Kite Energy Community ~~
~ AWES Museum