Your notes are welcome:
Most recent edit:
Monday November 11, 2013
Curved ram-air inflated spar (or rib or batten) set in spinnaker
Look yet to what Richard Miller (R.I.P.) yearned for: Reefable spars, reefable D-tubes (parts reefable).
Then when such is obtained, wear the reefable parts.
Drape for clothes the sail parts.
Walk up the mountain; take off the layers of clothes; unfurl the clothes parts; piece together the clothes parts to obtain spars and D-tubes; dress her.
Check systems. Check scene and hook-in. Clear. Enjoy flight. Land. Take apart; dress self again. Hike some. Repeat. Go world. Clothes that form the hang glider!
number: 5040349 Collapsible truss structures Junjiro Onoda et al
This construction method may be used to stress bag tube segments when the
exterior lines are elastic.
Mods could be with exterior wings. And if the X parts are set in pyramids
opposing then a central elastic could tension all the wings.
Pole-vault poles? Could they be made in segments or be made reefable
from parts? Is carbon fiber being used yet?
- Surface line-shell with sector plate ribs and airbag compression
between each sector rib. JpF June 27, 2012
- Pressurized broadbag ended with rib plate combined with shelling
tension lines ...
- Double-sock spar; ribs; between ribs: less-than-profile
compression bags positively inflated. Inflate the bag to make
taut the shelling surface lines of the sock. Does this have any
advantage over the Goodyear multi-strand method?
Airbeam tech without compression beams and without interior webs
Airbeam tech with compression beams and cables: Tensairity
Airbeam tech without compression beams but with interior webs
- Porous case
- Bladder within bladder within porous sizing case (textile or film
shell holds size while bladder stays unstressed)
- air jacks
| Image study general |
Titan air jack, Exhaust air jack,
Airbeams are used as air jacks.
- non-return valve, one-way valve
- pressure meters
- bladder construction
- Design inflation tube to burst before the bladder bursts.
- "the punctured air bag may be repaired very simply
and quickly with one of the patches supplied, using "Super Glue" (cyanoacrylate
- BOLA GIGANTE ( ROLLER-BALL)
- Sphereing - rolling down a
hill at 30MPH!
- Flightsuit as harness, variable controllable ventilation, magnetic
inner legs, built-in backplate, toroid neck fill, kneecap-passing long
- Supine Hang Gliding 2
- basebar broad roller could be streamlined with weak fill, so that
upon use as broad wheel, then the streamlining construct just rolls in
smashing manner. JpF June 28, 2012
- Old School Hang Gliding and
Crashes by Warren Miller
- FIB landing in Central Farm /
Let us know you and your interests.
News, notes, documents, files:
~~Kite Energy Community~~