Your notes are welcome:
Most recent edit:
Thursday July 18, 2013
Human Powered Kiting
Arts developed in HPK will affect some AWES crafting.
- Indoor kiting made possible by human power
- Calm kiting with phase tugging by humans
- Insufficient-wind human-powered kiting by walking or running or
pedaling or cranking for indoor or outdoor flight
- Launch sequence for kite hang glider is partly human powered kiting
- Wing running when the system is a kite system
- Ganged human-powered kiting
- Loop to ground vehicle from wing: human pedals while in the wing and
causes the ground vehicle to travel as towing agent to kite the wing
that is occupied. What has been done in this sector, if anything?
Water? No-wind conditions. The wing is kited in no wind
- Self-tow without loop; just set out a long line. Reel in the long
line to launch inhabited wing into kited flight; then perhaps release
line for a glide. This method might use a fixed anchor. No-wind
game. If a headwind, then a different game ensues. In
either game, the apparent wind for flight of the kited inhabited wing
occurs. This method collects line or lets the line drop down eventually
to be fully released. Lock-out dangers will need to be addressed.
Stalls near the ground are to be avoided.
Let us know you and your interests.
News, notes, documents, files:
~~Kite Energy Community~~