Your notes are welcome:
Examination of a particular web site and PDMC
Ongoing project here at WPA.
Most recent edit to this page:
25 October 2012
See main folder:
ongoing project by all interested persons
community members and some caring about the paragliding community are looking at that "site" The
site in focus is CometClones
A new paraglider participant brought up the
"What is this site?" That is, what is the site
What have the forum members presented online and in personal messages
on this topic? We point by link to the related banter while saving
on-topic summary matter here: To reach most of the
- A letter to one of the members was shared with BenjoSpain:
"I think the real threat for paragliding participants is the rising
level of concern by government agencies and government insurance
entities in countries with socialized medicine. Many of these countries
have generous policies toward individual recreational pursuits in the
name of freedom, but the increasing popularity of paragliding brings an
unavoidable increase in state-billed medical and rescue expenses due to
the PDMC. In other words, even after any safety programs are effectively
implemented, a rise in paragliding activity will always show a linear
increase in medical and rescue expense because there is simply no way to
moderate the PDMC effect." ~R.M.
- At PGForum joefaust made an attempt to understand the title of the
site and confessed having had some extensive struggle to interpret just
how the title of the site worked its way into the site's sections and
meaning. Such was read by Rick Masters and he clarified the struggle for
via this message here.
- Sections identified in CometClones
(this will grow to be more complete as members identify the sections of
content in that site)
- Quotes from people critical of PDMC and Richard Masters.
- Annual PG fatality lists of names with links that give some
information on each fatality
- Commentary by Richard Masters
- Quotes from people who have shown some support of what
Richard Masters is doing with the PDMC information flow.
- The site shows the PayPal button and contribution level.
- The stories (fables of airframed hang gliding from Richard's
creative pen) are given some display and availability.
- Videos of some problematic PG incidents.
- Link set to other webs discussing the PDMC
- Section that describes that the counts are INCOMPLETE.
- ? [[If you identify further
sections to that site, please send info to editor. This is an ongoing
Explication and analysis of the contents of the various sections would
help know just what that site is. Contributions on this project are
welcome from any quarter. Send notes to: