Your notes are welcome:
Most recent edit:
Thursday December 13, 2012
Standards for AWES sectors
Development of standards for each sector ever evolves.
of getting locked into too many restrictions before the really good AWE
answers appear." ~ PhilC Dec. 2012
- Though it may be too early in the game to actually define standards,
it probably is not too early to be thinking about the standards' process
space. ~ JpF, Dec. 13, 2012.
US FAA began drafting AWES standards last year (2011). Dialog with the
FAA to speed its process began in 2008.
Some AWES sectors have already many standards being applied, e.g., hang
gliders and paragliders.
- Electricity-generating AWES
- Pumping-water AWES
- Sport power kiting
- Ship traction AWES
- Lifting AWES (material handling, transportation of goods)
- Traction AWES (cargo kited ships, kite yachting, plowing, ...
- Transportation AWES
- Toy kites
- Kiting sailplanes and gliders
- Cargo kiting by powered aircraft
- Kite hang gliding
- Canopy hang gliding (sector of paragliding)
- FF electricity generating AWES
- FF laser generating AWES
- FF transport
- LTA AWES
Let us know you and your interests.
News, notes, documents, files:
~~Kite Energy Community~~