Your notes are welcome:
Most recent edit:
Sunday January 26, 2014
Skymill Energy, Inc., aka
SkyMill Energy, Inc
Gyrokites/conversations/messages/11 Discuss the
corporation and its works.
- Principals: Grant Calverley, president.
David Lang, team member.
On January 26, 2014, "3,490 results"
In 2009: Field show-and-tell of some hardware prototype at High-Altitude
Wind Power conference near Chico, CA.
In 2010, a presentation:
SkyMill Energy, Inc., A Practical Approach to Tap the Power of
High-Altitude Wind, Airborne Wind Energy Conference, September 29, 2010.
PDF Scott Webster, apparent delivery.
"Manufacturer/Proponent 5NG01" shows at ArmyProperty.com
- [ ] Date of David Lang joining the company?
- Dave Lang is carefully modeling the involved AWES.
The sky’s no limit PDF document is an
illustrated (artist conceptions) essay by a PES writer.
"...particularly in India and China. Our short-term goals include the
developing and selling the concept as a persistent high-altitude
platform with civilian and military uses.” And,
"...however, they have failed to discover the key rotary airfoil
innovation that makes the SkyMill system practical on a commercial
Conference field showing of prototype without flight near Chico, CA.
* Critique from outside the company. Notes may be posted in any room
of AWES Museum and we will find them; or notes may be sent directly to the
- * Differently, others had found the rotary motion for AWES before
this corporation even started. Evidence is in the literature. ~ JoeF,
- The company seems to be betting on failure tolerance, scalability,
and capacity factors to set it apart from contemporary competitors.
We have seen no certified studies on these aspects on this or other
companies' projects. ~ JoeF, 25Jan2014
- Competing companies are exploring lifted (HTA and LTA) HAWT where
the autorotating blades are blunt to the wind and not canted as in the
gyrokite scheme. ~ JoeF, 25Jan2014
Let us know you and your interests.
News, notes, documents, files:
~~Kite Energy Community~~