Your notes are welcome:
Most recent edit:
Monday November 11, 2013
Airframed-Kite-Hang-Gliding Incidents & Safety
- Otto Lilienthal crashed. Fatal.
- Percy Pilcher crashed. Fatal.
- Richard Eipper crashed and broke bones.
- Joe Faust broke arm crashing into seashore boulders. Too many
new things in the flight; poor risk management. Pilot error.
- Joe Faust injured spinal disk in butt smack following fold-up of
Icarus I tail-less biplane. Craft is in storage at Smithsonian Institute
- Joe Faust pulled muscles upon doing more take-offs and landings and
climb-backs than he was fit for.
- Ed Guardia in mid-1900's kite-hang gliding renaissance may have been
the first fatality of that movement.
Let us know you and your interests.
News, notes, documents, files:
~~Kite Energy Community~~