To do by webmaster with the contributions of others:
- [ ] Link extant files that are spread far and wide
- [ ] .Link to significant posts in USHawks.org forum
- [ ] .Link to KitePatents and load each patent for discussions there
- [ ] .Link to
- [ ] .Articles by Francis
- [ ] Speech by Francis in 1989 Discussion?
- [ ] Article by Paul Gazis
- [ ] .Controversies and perspectives
- Untenable "global" invention claims by local tinkerers and the loving
followers of local heros
- Untenable claims
- Untenable statements
- [ ] .Inadequate historical accuracy by FMR on some points. Voids.
Missed attribution opportunity. His focus and tunnel vision on some matters.
- [ ] Why did he not tell of his first flight in FlightSail to JD?
- [ ] Inflation perspectives
- [ ] Mechanics exposed and taught via text, working models,
- [ ] Toy space
- [ ] Manned glider space in gliding parachute glider, parasailing, hang
- [ ] Manned stiffened Rogallo Wing glider space
- [ ] UAV space
- [ ] Kite Energy space
- [ ] From early history through 1800s and through 1950 and beyond: the
triangle control frame in aviation. How public domain is revisited time and
- Understanding the limp Rogallo Wing and then its stiffening ...
- Preliminary Investigation of a Paraglider TN D-443
- [ ] ?? Investigation of
a Paraglider Joseph Holloway Palmer, 1961
- [ ] ??
Paraglider: Land Landing for Gemini by Ed Hengeveld ?
- [ ] Robert T. Taylor
- [ ] Lowry or Lowery ?????
- Francis M. Rogallo and Gertrude S. Rogallo: Report (to Accompany H.R.
- [ ] Parachute History Collection at Linda Hall Library
- [ ]
Summer Course : Aerodynamic Deceleration '69 : Abstracts : University of
Minnesota, July 7-18, 1969
- [ ]
Free-flight investigation of the deployment of a parawing recovery device for
a radio-controlled 1/5-scale dynamic model spacecraft
NASA TN D-2044
- Rogallo, F. M., and Lowery, J. G.: Flexible Reentry
No. 175C, Soc. of Automotive Eng., Apr. 1960.
- [ ] Rogallo, Francis M., Lowery, John G., Croom, Delwin R., and
Taylor, Robert T.: Preliminary Investigation of a Paraglider. NASA TN D-M4-3,
- [ ] Rogallo, F. M., and Lowery, J. G.: Flexible Reentry Gliders.
Preprint No. 175C, Soc. of Automotive Eng., Apr. 1960.
- [ ] Naeseth, Roger L.: An Exploratory Study of a Parawing as a
High-Lift Device for Aircraft. NASA TN D-629, 1960.
- [ ] Burk, Sanger M., Jr.: Free-Flight Investigation of the
Deployment, Dynamic Stability, and Control Characteristics of a l/12-Scale
Dynamic Radio Controlled Model of a Large Booster and Parawing. NASA TN
- [ ] Hewes, Donald E: Free-Flight Investigation of Radio-Controlled
Models With Parawings. NASA TN D-927, 1961.
- [ ] Zimmerman, C. H.: Preliminary Tests in the N.A.C.A.
Free-Spinning Wind Tunnel.
NACA Rep. 557, 1936.
- Section characteristics, NACA 23012 airfoil.
1942. Rogallo and Lowry..
Originally issued July 1942 as Advance restricted report
- Paul G. Fournier and B. Ann Bell, Low subsonic pressure distribution on
three rigid wings simulating paragliders with varied canopy curvature and
leading-edge sweep. November 1961. NASA Technical Note D-983.
- AD 295 143 An
Annotate Bibliography on Paragliders by Clyde Briggs, January 1963
same at our site]
- Edward C. Polhamus, Rodger L. Naeseth
TN D-972 Experimental and theoretical studies of the
effects of camber and twist on the aerodynamic characteristics of parawings
having normal aspect ratios of 3 and 6
- "Inasmuch as the purpose of this investigation was to determine the
aerodynamic effects associated with particular changes in canopy shape, rigid
leading edges, keels, and spreader bars were used in order that a canopy shape
under air load reasonably similar to that desired might more easily be
maintained. In many practical applications, of course, it would be desirable
to use the results obtained to design less rigid configurations that take
greater advantage of the paraglider tension structure concept."
- Johnson, Joseph L., Jr.: Low-Speed Wind-Tunnel Investigation To
Determine the Flight Characteristics of a Model of a Parawing Utility Vehicle.
NASA TN D-1255, 1962.
Joseph L. Johnson
- Russell Hawkes. See USHawks for discussion.
- Rogallo, Francis M.: Paraglider Recovery Systems. Presented at IAS
Meetingon Man's Progress in the Conquest of Space (St. Louis, Mo.),Apr. 30-May