Your notes are welcome:
Most recent edit:
Thursday January 24, 2013
Drop Stitch Fabric
- Goodyear had something close to this for their inflatable wings.
- Drop Stitch Fabric
- Final Engineering Report on Modification and Testing of A
One-Plane Inflatoplane GA-468 Contract NOnr 2368(00) GER 10416
September 1961 [PDF]
- Airmat "Airmat material consists of two layers of fabric
connected by continuous tie yarns dropped from one layer of fabric to
the other during weaving. By varying the length of the tie yarns flat
panels of various thickness could then be made."
"Realizing the possibilities of this material Goodyear Aircraft
Corporation (GAC) made a sample airfoil Airmat sections and tested it
both statically and in a wind tunnel in 1952."
- In circa 1871 in a kite patent we find Isaac Ferris
rehearsing connectors between the two surfaces of an inflated airfoiled
wing. Discussion regarding this: HERE.
- Control the drop stitch at stations to achieve airfoil shapes.
- [ ] Inflatoplane group, joining request is pending. Jan. 24, 2013.
Their message are open only to members. "This group is now the premiere
source of Inflatoplane pictures and technical information on the web.
Although there will be historical information to be found here on the
project the main focus here is to gather and analyze the technical
- Harnesses, wings, Safe-Splat, hang glider wings, kite wings, ...
Let us know you and your interests.
News, notes, documents, files:
~~Kite Energy Community~~