LTA Windpower, Inc.
- Their home site. Notice the
domain name is the shorter www.ltawind.com
- Method indicated: Lifter lighter-than-air kite or lifting aerostat
has rigidly mounted turbines with generator aloft. Flygen.
- Patent application. AIRBORNE WIND POWERED
Paper: Generic System Requirements for High
Altitude Wind Turbines
Nykolai Bilaniuk and Asphodel Norwood
- Well said rephrased: site challenge lessens as one operates higher.
- They have shared a cool wind site:
white paper is being studied.
Commentary by JpF about the white paper: Right off, I liked
the focused point rephrased here that among AWECS, they cannot all be
equally promising for a stated purpose or target goal. He predicts
a shakeout in AWECS to a success set of one or none.
Attention: The author's set of reviewed AWECS methods that
are feasible today is the null set; but he proposes that LTA Windpower
has a direction that can become successful. JpF
- PowerShip Term used by
- Interestingly www.HAWPA.net was
announced as a competitor; however, HAWPA.net favorably lists LTA
- Competitors more directly: Airbine
and China companies are aiming for LTA AWECS.
in this site.
Discussion is open to the public:
Send comment to
- Flygen: The kite-balloon with lifting wing holding HAWTs will
have a leak rate and shape-keeping mechanism. Mined energy sent to
ground via conducting tether is apparently used.
- Consider solar-energy collection from the exposed upper surfaces of
the elements of the system.
- Consider some collection of atmospheric water for splitting to
hydrogen for recharging the aerostat envelope.
- Consider "cavexity chamber" for maintaining pressures and shape of
the balloon or blimp element.
- Aim for ever-up operation.
- Aim to stack train elements to use airspace and land to maximal
levels. The airspace is vertically thick, so have working elements off
one long main tether. Then horizontally ...traverse to
wind...have kitefarming of multiple units.
- Aim to involving carbon nano-tubes in tether, in working elements.
- Aim to involve graphene or graphane in the kytoon structure.
- Prove whether or not multiple turbines off a torque tube would serve
well or not.
- Prove the best design for the turbine to be used that is
mounted to the lifting wing.
"Dr. Nykolai Bilaniuk former Chief Engineer of Magenn Power Inc of