Solar-energy conversion devices
on surfaces of kites, kytoons, aerostats, blimps, gliders
Notes, links, patents ... are invited. Comments and essays are
Comment and development of this topic will be occurring here.
All, send notes, drawings, and photographs!
Terms and aspects:
- Fabrics that are solar-energy converters
- Thin-film solar cells.
- Use and storage of electricity onboard.
Some solar-aircraft history:
- Paul MacCready Solar Challenger
- Solar aircraft
- Solar-energized hang glider
- Solar Impulse
- Solar One
- Eric Raymond and his Sunseeker
- In 2005, Alan Cocconi, founder of AC Propulsion, flew a
5-meter wingspan unmanned aircraft for 48 hr non-stop powered only by
Commentary is welcome:
- Even a toy kite may carry solar cells on the wing of the kite. The
lines of the kite may also be holding solar-energy conversion
arrangement. Even the resistive set of a kite may be involving
solar-energy conversion devices. The gliding kites like paragliders
may have harness and pilot pod and pilot helmet with surfaces that are
solar-energy conversion surfaced.
- An AWECS may have surfaces that receive laser beams gunned from the
earth or another aircraft.