Your notes are welcome:
Most recent edit:
Wednesday December 12, 2012
Evaluate and then compare ...
- How would one go about comparing one AWES with another AWES?
- Contests (rules, measuring, third-party neutrality, ...), fly-offs,
- Historical records
- What parameters will be measured?
- Validating the values of parameters
- Third-party analysis
- Manufacturer's analysis
- Accountant's perspective
- Legal perspective
- Engineering perspective
Collecting potential parameters that may concern various AWES analysts
[ ] Yet: mine the white papers for the
parameters that have been chosen by investigators.
Energy returned on energy invested
- LCOP, LEC
Cost of electricity by source
Parametric optimisation of kite structures
Mass per delivered-to-grid energy
- Investment expenditures in the year
- Operations and maintenance expenditures in the
- Fuel expenditures in the year
- Electricity generation in the year
- Discount rate
- Life of the system
- Carbon footprint for the entire life of an
- Carbon dioxide savings per year for the
- Cost of electricity
- Power per kg
Parameters in the eye of AWE investors
- Site costs
- Wind resource for the particular site
- Intermittency of resource for the site of the
- Environmental impacts on flora, fauna, land,
noise, vision, climate, weather, downwind processes,
- Time between failures
- Elapsed time for installing AWES at site
- Coefficient of performance
- Groundgen or flygen or hybridgen?
- Tether parameters
- Site: onshore, offshore, mixed shore,
free-flight with base or not
- Ground-crew requirements
- autonomous survivability
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PARAMETER?
Let us know you and your interests.
News, notes, documents, files:
~~Kite Energy Community~~