Energy, a category of AWE
(PE, in context)
- Energy water kites convert water flow energy for doing good
works, sometimes including the generation of electricity.
- Minesto is one company among many developing paravane
energy to serve human needs.
- An artist David Tudor touched a primitive paravane space
for art sake.
- Some have estimated that we are in an infant stage of
- Notice that AWES patents exist that deal with kited air
wings and kited water wings in integrated energy systems, i.e.,
touching the dynamics that are involved in FFAWE (free-flight AWE). '
- The adventure of PE may be discussed in this topic.
- Images general: ParavaneEnergy
- An extensive set of paravanes were designed, made, and tested by Dave Santos.
- Capt (N) (Ret’d) M. Braham: "The paravane is kind of underwater kite"
p. 2 of 3 of "Minesweeping" in Fact Sheet # 80 Published by: The Friends of the Canadian War Museum.
- "river kite"
- "otter-kite" otter board
- deflector devices
- depressor paravane
- trolling device
- fishing lures
- towing submerged objects
- towing boats and ships
- mooring boats and ships
- If a device fits the mechanical aspects of a kite no matter
the flow media for deflection, then the device may inform various
objectives of AWE.
187,650. Magoun, F. P. May 23, 1921.
GB187650A Improvements in or relating to means for towing submerged objects
- Windswept & Interesting has done considerable thought and drawing work regarding water-kite AWES. See his videos.
| Feb. 27, 2020, post by Dave Santos
Here is Tal Streeter, eminent kite historian, in Drachen Foundation’s 2002 Journal, really inspired:
“(Kites are) wonderfully mysterious
things which were able by some unknown alchemy to transform themselves
from rumpled scraps of cloth into power and strength, pure energy
beyond belief, and pure beauty beyond belief, things which sailed above
in the breezes of the sky, and below in the currents of water.”
This is the true spirit of AWE, at the highest level of skill and insight.