Kite Power Solutions http://www.kps.energy/
Kite Power Systems (KPS)
- Forget wind turbines: Giant KITES flying 300 metres in the air will power more than 5,000 British homes by 2020 in a world first By HARRY PETTIT FOR MAILONLINE, PUBLISHED: 07:08 EST, 26 May 2017 | UPDATED: 08:37 EST, 26 May 2017
- In 2020, KPS is up for sale.
- Are they part of the Shell game?
- Physical items of the close-down were bought by one individual, not KiteMill.
Many of the wings may become trashed. A 70 m2 wing is pristine. This
note is sifted from "George's" notes. 2020. ~JpF George: "Unfortunately
all the kites have already been sold in the initial assets sale around
30 of them, most of the KPS equipment was taken by a single buyer who
is going to sell off or scrap everything. Most of the kites are garbage
and are likely just being dumped, as for the 70m sq kite it is pristine."
- Feb. 28, 2020, note by Dave Santos: "
KPS was wise to fear for operator safety, as their soft power kites grew larger. These are true monsters in strong wind.
is the final disposition of KPS’s quiver of power kites? Of the 70m2
parafoil? kPower would be interested in bidding. Its a good wing to haul Inuit WindSleds 3 closer to windward than the NPWs they currently have."
- Winch patent
|Feb. 4, 2020, post by Joe Faust
Bids? Who put in bids to buy KPS?
The KPS was apparently up for sale with bidding closed near end of January 2020. Who put in bids? http://www.kps.energy/news-press/
Streambank and Hilco Valuation Services are delighted to offer the
opportunity to acquire the assets of airborne wind energy pioneer Kite
Power Systems Limited (“KPS” or the “Company”) on behalf of our client"
Bid deadline passed: "Please be aware that the deadline for bids is: 27
January 2020, Noon GMT." I might have placed a
bid, but I only saw the offer after the deadline.
You can find further details at our listing at the following link:
|2015 - KPS (was Kite Power Solutions Ltd) - Offshore Wind Benefits