May 11, 2010
Here is a summary of AWE Initiatives &
Prospects In Nigeria as at today
- 11th May 2010:
1. Lagos State Government Rice Farm Irrigation Project:
A 40-Hectare State Pilot Irrigated Rice Farm Project around Badagry. We
presently have an offer to install a fully functional AWE Irrigation
Demonstration System for any piece of the Rice farm and get an assured
deal for the whole farm and other such.
2. Bird Scaring: The Rice Farm in (1) above and now the Murtala
Mohammed International Airport amongst others have need of Bird Control.
Again, effective demonstration of AWE capability in this field and
3. Fishing Festivals $ Boat Regattas: Nigeria is very keen on
developing her tourism potentials. New Minister of Tourism under President
Goodluck Jonathan is very accessible to us and is willing to embrace novel
tourism-boosting ideas. Enhancing already established Fishing Festivals
and Boat Regattas such as Argungu, Pategi, etc with Kiting fun and
Kite-Energy demos initially at our own expense will draw paid patronage
4. Pumped Hydro-Storage for Energy Generation: Nigeria has abundant
Natural Water Flows suitable for Hydro-Power generation. Seasonal
fluctuations in river volume affect effectiveness of these Hydro Stations
such as the famed Kainji - AWE Pumped Hydro-Storage Market is available
once capability can be proven locally or at demonstrator's expense outside
Nigeria (including Nigerian Officials' trips).
5. Direct Power Generation at Scales >= 500W: Meaningful Power
solutions for individual homes, offices, shopping malls, Residential
Estates and Large scale Utilities. Nigeria needs Electricity at economic
rates, the market is in abundance.
6. AWE Education & Trainings: Our University of Ibadan Certificated
Online AWE Course by the Kite Pilot School takes off in July 2010,
scholarships for indigent students will go a long way in making this
course available to more willing participants and pay for Physical
instructors' visits to facilitate vital practical sessions.
7. AWE Components Supplies & Manufacturing: Basic Kites and other
AWE components can be manufactured locally with modest investments in
well-equipped crafts centres.
8. National Technology Adoption Initiative: We presently have our
proposal with the FGN which has received favourable disposition to-date.
Logistics support for necessary periodical follow-up visits to the Federal
Capital Territory is critical now to ensure we reap the fruition of this
bold and promising initiative.