not yet comprehensive)
Your specified challenges are invited:
- What if the line breaks?
- What can go wrong? Solutions?
- Atmospheric electrical potentials at various altitudes in various
- Final cost of the energy when all system parts and operations are
Kites by Gomberg
- Nanotech materials and devices will continue to impact possibilities
in generating electricity from kite systems.
- Blocking or preventing the return sector of the
Savonious rotor from
receiving drag; allow only the driving upper part of the rotor to be
driven by the wind on the Magenn system.
- Are there ways to use kite systems to practically use atmospheric
- As nanotech materials permit very low-leak kytoons to loft hung
generators, then more can happen.
- Compare demonstrated systems
- Compare successful systems with competing technologies
- Airspace restrictions, collision with kite lines,
- Double purposing kite systems with surveillance camera or
- Interfacing with extant electrical grids
- Having kytoons self-process their own hydrogen for buoyancy
maintenance for high endurance of the lifted system
- Bringing in the best of nanotech materials to achieve low leak in
kytoon buoyancy gases
- Demonstrating wins of kite systems to decision makers
- Extracting energy from wind changes things; using that harvested
energy changes things. What could be the net effects of harvesting large
amounts of energy from the wind and then using that energy?
- When will a kite-energy installation win the attention of
- When will a kite-energy installation supply electricity for 100+
homes and in what nation will this occur?
- When will the first hydrogen barge arrive to port to off-load the
hydrogen made at sea via kite systems?
- Icing of kites and kite lines?
- At-kite manufacturing of hydrogen gas from air moisture for use of
the hydrogen gas to recharge the buoyancy of hydrogen-based kytoon
lifters of energy-generation kite systems? Getting the mass-cost
down for such hydrogen generator...?
- Single-loop kite line ... with the loop line rotating continuously
as the kite rotates the loop ?
- Kite systems collecting water for drinking? Potentials?
[ TOP ]