welcome your notes to the editor about this topic; please send
Since 1996 (yet see roots since 1978)
Other links are invited; this
is an ongoing file project. [aka: Kite Ship]
Enter new data and links:
Jeremy Walker, David Culp, Dean Jordan ,
Sites: Palo Alto, CA and Martinez, CA.
KiteShip USA, Kite Ship Corporation
Tug those ships. Reduce use of air-polluting fuels.
Energy kite systems tug ships and boats..
Articles surrounding the space that KiteShip operates:
- UC Davis
- 1978: kite powered boats in 1978 when 24 years old.
- Johnny Walker Speed Weeks in 1978--1981
- Schmirnoff Speed Weeks in 1986--1988 in Weymouth, England
- OutLeader rule-legal spinnaker replacement kite
- [ ] 1984 kitesurfing patent?
- * Roeseler, W; Culp, D, "KiteSailing Progress," Sailtech '89, AIAA and
SNAME, Stanford, CA, 1989.
* Roeseler, W, Schmidt, T, Beattie, A, Roeseler, C, Culp, D, Long, L, McGeer,
T, & Wallace, R, "The Case for Transport Sailcraft," SNAME World Aviation
congress, Los Angeles, CA 1996.
* Culp, D; "On KiteTugs," The Amateur Yacht Research Society, 1997
* Culp, D, De Winter, F, Swenson, R, "The KiteShip Project," Millenium Solar
Forum, ISES, Mexico City, 2000.
* Culp, D; "Free-Flying Sails for Sailing and Powered Vessels," 5th
International Conference, Engineering of Sport, Davis, CA, 2004.
* Culp, D; "Single Fluid Kiting; the TwinFoil Concept," proposal submitted to
NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts (NIAC), 2005.
* Culp, D; Jordan, D, "Low Drag, Low Cost Suspension Line Technology for
Parachutes," Final SBIR report to US Army Airdrop Team, Natick, MA, 2005.